Author Topic: Get out there if you can  (Read 253 times)

Offline HogginIT

• Administrator
  • The Full Gruden
  • Check out #33 Future Razorback!
    • View Profile
Get out there if you can
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
They are chasing does like crazy!!!

I saw 5 bucks yesterday evening. Big 8 point but got too dark to shoot.

Saw 5 more bucks today and had a curr dog chase them out of the field before I could shoot.

Social Buttons

Offline Johnny Cash

• Holy Mother of All Gruden!
  • Long better walk the line!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Get out there if you can
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:23 pm »
Yes it is one full bore!

Offline The Great Hambino

• Grude in Training
  • Grudenite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:42:03 pm »
For 15 years my dad and i have been hunting the same place.  There has always been signs of bucks in the area but we have never seen one except for a night when they are jumping the road.  2 years ago we quit feeding corn and let the place rest.  Dad killed a nice 8 this evening. Seen more deer this year than every before.  Moral of the story.....When you don't feed them they have to move and look for food. 

Offline Johnny Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »
For 15 years my dad and i have been hunting the same place.  There has always been signs of bucks in the area but we have never seen one except for a night when they are jumping the road.  2 years ago we quit feeding corn and let the place rest.  Dad killed a nice 8 this evening. Seen more deer this year than every before.  Moral of the story.....When you don't feed them they have to move and look for food.
Very true!!

Offline Ernest T

• Grude
  • She had Hollywood written on her license plate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »
I've seen more big bucks this year than ever before.  I took an 11 a couple weeks ago with a crossbow.  I've seen another 8 and a one side big 4 that must have broke one side of his rack off.

We hunted late Monday and all day Tuesday for two huge 10's that we saw on a game cam card from earlier Monday.  No luck getting them.  My son passed on a 4 and a few does hoped for a chance at one of the giants.  I didn't see any deer either day but saw 15 turkeys.  Life is good.

Offline number1stunna

• The Full Gruden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 08:19:46 pm »
We have cows roaming around on our lease.

Offline Johnny Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
I've seen more big bucks this year than ever before.  I took an 11 a couple weeks ago with a crossbow.  I've seen another 8 and a one side big 4 that must have broke one side of his rack off.

We hunted late Monday and all day Tuesday for two huge 10's that we saw on a game cam card from earlier Monday.  No luck getting them.  My son passed on a 4 and a few does hoped for a chance at one of the giants.  I didn't see any deer either day but saw 15 turkeys.  Life is good.
I got a big boy right behind my garage that I have hunted last day or so! Another buck with broke off left side a bruiser! Can they make a replica horn for him? He would be a solid 20 wide 10! I have done good this yr and haven't hunted here around my house in 3 yrs , after hunting this place hard for 5 yrs! There back jack! I seen 7 bucks 100 yds below house in my blind! I jumped the big boy twice bedded down messing with my trailer with no gun!! I'll get them! Matter of time!

Offline The Skoal Bandit

• Grude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »
Hunting at Mineral Point, Wisconsin in the AM for some big ol corn fed bucks. Will pass on pics if we have any luck. I have some good south Arkansas bucks on the wall at home. Killed an 8 w/ just shy of a 24" spread when I was in college. I got behind a guy pulling a trailer on the way home from work here in Madison on Wednesday with two heads and a whole deer with racks that made my big 8 look like a damn nubbin head. Unbelievable how big they get when they have hundreds of thousands of acres of corn to eat.

Supposed to be snowing and in the upper teens/low twenties though. I guess that's the drawback.

Offline Ernest T

• Grude
  • She had Hollywood written on her license plate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »
I got a big boy right behind my garage that I have hunted last day or so! Another buck with broke off left side a bruiser! Can they make a replica horn for him? He would be a solid 20 wide 10! I have done good this yr and haven't hunted here around my house in 3 yrs , after hunting this place hard for 5 yrs! There back jack! I seen 7 bucks 100 yds below house in my blind! I jumped the big boy twice bedded down messing with my trailer with no gun!! I'll get them! Matter of time!

Damn.  You might be my neighbor.  Do you live anywhere near Pea Ridge?